Why We Love Him:
1. The most obvious reason of all — he’s Chuck Bass.
2. He wore so much purple.
3. He played the party boy role oh-so-well.
4. Yet still managed to play the romantic lead of the show perfectly.
5. Between dealing with Bart’s death (let’s not talk about the whole of Season 6) and faking his own death, he was easily the most complex character on ‘Gossip Girl.’
Why We Hate Him:
1. He had a hard time giving anyone but Blair a chance.
2. Whining about his heartbreak got a little out of control.
3. He was so needlessly mean to Dan Humphrey.
4. He did say “I’m Chuck Bass” in this moment and we will never forgive him for that.
5. Let’s be real — we basically just loved to hate him.